Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Linux Adoption

Beans

Re: Linux Adoption

Quote Originally Posted by joyousjake View Post
    . Maybe I can use Linux one day in my own business. Until then, Windows for me. At least some of the software I use there is open source.
    Is that the result of answering the 7 whys? Or was it only 3 0r 4? I lost track. I think it is ok to use Linux and show it to others even if you are only 14 and fail the 7 whys.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by urmbmjpb View Post
    Can anyone provide me list of popular games for Ubuntu, I am about to migrate from Windows, just need a few games for casual gaming
    http://store.steampowered.com/browse/linux/
    // Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain20122 View Post
    Is that the result of answering the 7 whys? Or was it only 3 0r 4? I lost track. I think it is ok to use Linux and show it to others even if you are only 14 and fail the 7 whys.
    Thanks. I am starting to help people frustrated with Windows with installations of Ubuntu. Just one person at a time...

Beans

I guess you can look at the bright side; every lousy installation of Windows is the starting point for a conversation about alternative operating systems.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I'd love it if the schools in my area would start using Linux. The problem is that all of their IT people in the district know nothing but damn Windows.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Hi I like the way you think I stoped using window$ after windows 2000 which I purchesed with a student discount and it was still $200.00 for the academic licence. if I had known about linux at that time I could have used the money to buy better hardware. try to get your teachers involved with the implamentation of lubuntu, espeshaly in computer classes.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by leeper69 View Post
    Hi I like the way you think I stoped using window$ after windows 2000 which I purchesed with a student discount and it was still $200.00 for the academic licence. if I had known about linux at that time I could have used the money to buy better hardware. try to get your teachers involved with the implamentation of lubuntu, espeshaly in computer classes.
    My computer science teacher is big time linux. Everything is done district wide, so I would have to talk to the district superintendent to get anything like that going.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

would your teacher consider dule booting on a few machines so the students can get expereance with more than one operating system or at least bring it up with his supireors.
    rember linux has two variant file management systems which differant distros use ie: deb and rpg ubuntu uses deb based on debion fadora uses rpg so if you can run both you will be better off.
    I prefer deb ubuntu. I used redhat(now fadora for free users) and the list goes on for both branches.and as time went on as a electronic tech qnx real time software and propriatory software for use in robotics,
    lazer mesurment, and ultrasonics.
    agin good luck with your endevers!

Beans
    Distro

If my computer science teacher let people do that on school computers , he would get fired.

Beans

You don't need to dual boot or install anything in your school machines. Get an external hard drive, install any Linux in it and you can boot it off most common machines.. Windows only people wouldn't even know that it is possible. I have been using Ubuntu on my work machine that way for a long time (but I did tell them of course )
    Last edited by monkeybrain20122; November 25th, 2013 at 07:26 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast