Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How was it tested?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: How was it tested?

To add to what coffeecat said, gnome seems to be really slow when it comes to fixing bugs. I submitted a bug in the network utilities package about 4 years ago, and it took until just last year during the Raring testing cycle before a fix was released.

As for helping solve a problem, most of the testing and QA team members are pretty determined when it comes to tracking down a problem. The last major bug I reported during the Saucy cycle had me install 4 different kernels in order to track down the problem, and check to see if if the problem was solved when the kernel team came up with a solution. It took a little longer for the fix to be released then I expected, but it was close to the end of the development cycle, and a SRU had to be applied in order to get the fix in before Saucy was released.

I'm currently running Trusty as my day-to-day OS, and I'm looking forward to finding as many bugs as possible before release in April 2014.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Re: How was it tested?

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post

I'm currently running Trusty as my day-to-day OS, and I'm looking forward to finding as many bugs as possible before release in April 2014.

As always, thanks for your persistence and dedication to Ubuntu.

Regards..

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456