Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: iOS 7 Locked -Ubuntu 13.10

Beans

iOS 7 Locked -Ubuntu 13.10

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to write a quick bug that I was wondering if anyone discovered a work around to. Now although the iOS 7 platform is very restrictive compared to other available platforms, I still have the desire to be able to access my files from my Phone. Unfortunately, every time i connect my device I receive the following error:

On my iPhone I then allow permission via:

Unfortunately, this is where problems start to arise. It seems Ubuntu does not recognize the permissions that the iPhone is granting and thus is locking itself each time the device is connected. Unlike a USB, the iOS 7 will lock itself until you give it permission. However, the permission you give it is completely unrecognized by Ubuntu as it states:

Thus I am left to browse the webs looking for a solution. With a quick Google search, I encountered the following advise:

sudo apt-get install libimobiledevice-utils;idevicepair unpair && idevicepair pair

After install and run, the device reports:

Code:
    justin@justin-CT15:~$ idevicepair unpair && idevicepair pairERROR: Device d1fea2c56e51199f901eb34020a1581ea31a2a50 is not paired with this host
    If I call idevicepair pair again, then the following error occurs:
    Code:
    justin@justin-CT15:~$ idevicepair pair
    ERROR: Could not pair with the device because a passcode is set. Please enter the passcode on the device and retry.
    Therefore, I am left to experiment with different solutions that end up not working. In end result, I like to turn this over to the community to comment and perhaps work on a solution until a workable bug can be pushed to the main repository. I am troubled to find little to no reference at all through a Google search. I cannot, after all, be the only iOS 7 / Ubuntu 13.10 user on the planet. If anyone would like me to experiment a few workarounds, I will be happy to do so.

Thank you again and have a wonderful day

-justin

Beans

Re: iOS 7 Locked -Ubuntu 13.10

I'll join this thread to see if I can help: my son has got an iPhone 4 (4S?) with IOS7, so I could try the commands you gave. That is: if my son is willing to cooperate ... ie unlock his phone.

I must say IOS-devices drive me insane & nuts when connecting to other devices (Linux and Windows) ... For example: even the itunes program looks like a maze to me.

Beans

Hi there,

great problem report!

I have the exact same problem and would be glad to get a solution from anyone who solved this. Couldn't find any working solution in the internet till know.

- reiner

Beans

Post Re: iOS 7 Locked -Ubuntu 13.10

Results of Ubuntu 13.04 with IOS7: an endless loop of

The device “iPhone van F...” is locked. Enter the passcode on the device and click “Try again”.

Unable to mount iPhone

Unable to open MTP device '[usb:002,014]'
    So that confirms my hate towards connecting to IOS-devices.

lsusb shows:
    Bus 002 Device 016: ID 05ac:1297 Apple, Inc. iPhone 4

The good news: it is not a 13.10-only problem. ;-(

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sanderj View Post
    Results of Ubuntu 13.04 with IOS7: an endless loop of

So that confirms my hate towards connecting to IOS-devices.

lsusb shows:
    Bus 002 Device 016: ID 05ac:1297 Apple, Inc. iPhone 4

The good news: it is not a 13.10-only problem. ;-(
    This issue is all over the internet with no resolution to be found to date. It has been listed on Launchpad many times. Surely a fix or workaround is forthcoming. I love Ubuntu but I love my iPhone as well. I do not use a dual boot system. I only use 13.10.

Beans

Hi,

checking this site it seems that we have to wait a bit till Version 1.1.6 is released.

http://www.libimobiledevice.org/

-- reiner

Beans
    Hidden!

All,

This is not an Ubuntu issue at all or any other OS. It is the IPhone that you have password protected. Just unlock the IPhone and connected again.

shd

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by suhongdoan View Post
    All,

This is not an Ubuntu issue at all or any other OS. It is the IPhone that you have password protected. Just unlock the IPhone and connected again.

shd
    Nope not true at all. It is an issue with libimobiledevice which is a cross platform software software library that talks the protocols to support the iphone and other Apple products. Current version is 1.07. Version 1.1.5 is available but very unstable.Version 1.1.6 should provide the fix we are all waiting for.

Unlocking the iphone does nothing to fix this issue.

Beans

Although bittersweet, I am somewhat comforted by the fact that many have encountered this problem and that I am not the only one. Hopefully libimobiledevice can speed up the process. It's unfortunate that we have to wait for a third-part just to access a Phone -iOS 7 should be far more open compared to its ancestors.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by kylakemike View Post
    Nope not true at all. It is an issue with libimobiledevice which is a cross platform software software library that talks the protocols to support the iphone and other Apple products. Current version is 1.07. Version 1.1.5 is available but very unstable.Version 1.1.6 should provide the fix we are all waiting for.

Unlocking the iphone does nothing to fix this issue.
    --------------------

This is weird. It works for me and stop ask for any confirm. It used to ask me before with 13.04. I didn't even install any libi at all. I have IPhone 5 and latest IOS7. This is my work laptop E6530, Ubuntu 13.04 64 bit in place upgrade to 13.10 a few days ago. This is work, so I don't install a lot stuffs and hardly plug it in this laptop

--------------------

I just plugged in my work desktop Ubuntu Server 12.04.3 LTS and have exactly what you guys have and keep asking for Trust/Don't Trust. This one didn't even install any libi at all.

--------------------

I tried last night with my home desktop with Ubuntu Desktop 12.04.3 LTS, had installed libi and have exactly what you guys have and it works after confirmed Trust.

shd

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast