Thread: Cannot Find Software Center Installation of PHP-TCPDF

Beans

Cannot Find Software Center Installation of PHP-TCPDF

I am working with the standard LAMP web development environment. I wanted to try the TCPDF extensions to PHP to create PDF files. In the Ubunto Software Center I found the installation for "php-tcpdf(6.0.010+dfsg-1)". Following the standard processes in the Software Center, I installed this package. It shows it installed under the "History" category. However, I cannot find the libraries or files anywhere on my system. Does anyone know how to trace where the Software Center has put something that you installed?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Cannot Find Software Center Installation of PHP-TCPDF

Quote Originally Posted by Martin_Corrigan View Post
    I am working with the standard LAMP web development environment. I wanted to try the TCPDF extensions to PHP to create PDF files. In the Ubunto Software Center I found the installation for "php-tcpdf(6.0.010+dfsg-1)". Following the standard processes in the Software Center, I installed this package. It shows it installed under the "History" category. However, I cannot find the libraries or files anywhere on my system. Does anyone know how to trace where the Software Center has put something that you installed?
    A list of all the files that should be installed
    http://packages.ubuntu.com/saucy/all/php-tcpdf/filelist
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Install "Synaptic". Than open it and go to Settings/preferences. Go to the first Tab and check the first line "Display Package Properties in the main window" (or something like that, I have the Dutch version, so I translate that word for word). And click at the bottom "Apply" an than "OK".
    After that you search for the packages you want and in the lower window you can see in the 4th Tab where the files are of that packages.

Last edited by heir4c; November 3rd, 2013 at 11:03 PM.
    Dutch speaking; understand English, writing is a bit difficult. Member of: http://forum.ubuntu-nl.org
    be Open be Free be Ubuntu Reg. User #485479
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander - Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

With the command:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg --get-selections > list.txt
    you can create a file of all the installed packages with the name list.txt in your homefolder.
    Dutch speaking; understand English, writing is a bit difficult. Member of: http://forum.ubuntu-nl.org
    be Open be Free be Ubuntu Reg. User #485479
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander - Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr