Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daylight savings time

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Daylight savings time

Quote Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
    @Elfy: I didn't do it at 2 AM...so i am an hour ahead...doesn't that mean i am living in the future?
    I knew you were going to say that ...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Heck. I just set my alarm for next Spring and I'm sleeping in 'til then.

'course my bladder my wake me up in December.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines
    My Blog
    A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by QIII View Post
    Heck. I just set my alarm for next Spring and I'm sleeping in 'til then.

'course my bladder will wake me up in repeatedly.
    Fixed that for you

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by The Cog View Post
    I must say, if people want to get up an hour earlier in the summer, I don't see why they don't just get up an hour earlier in the summer. Why mess around with the clocks? Is changing the alarm time that much harder than changing the clock time?
    Not everybody can start work an hour earlier and finish an hour earlier! Especially if you're a parent and have to take your children to school. The point of daylight saving is not to get up an hour earlier, it's to move the daylight to the evening instead of to the morning.

Might I just add that, as long as you're using Ubuntu, you don't need to change your clock. The tzdata package already knows when you have daylight saving, and changes the clock for you.

Your phone probably gets its time from the cellular network too, which means it will automatically change.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

When I was a kid and daylight savings first started it took my mother about an hour to explain that no, it didn't mean school now started at 10:00 and not 9:00. I just couldn't figure it.

The clocks might say one thing, but I knew what the real time was! At 2AM the clock might go forward an hour to show 3AM, but I knew it was really 2AM. Therefore, 10AM was the real 9AM and that was that in my tiny mind! Maybe that's when my mind started twisting ...

But no biggie. Once I realised that in six months it would go back to being the real time again, I calmed down.
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; November 5th, 2013 at 02:41 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123