Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can I get my account here fixed?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: How can I get my account here fixed?

I had an SSO account, but not a forums account.
    You have now - you have this one.

This is a temporary account that I'm using just to hopefully get things resolved.
    Not sure why you think this is a temporary account - it's the only one you have . To get what resolved.

If you are trying to create an account here with a specific name then there is nothing we can do. Try talking to people at SSO - login.ubuntu.com there are a few help links there and a contact point.

All we can do is deal with forum accounts here.

You have only 1 account here - therefore this is the only account we can do anything with.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by wt12 View Post
    Seriously?

You must not have read the post directly above.
    Probably not while they were posting no.

Go here

https://forms.canonical.com/sso-support/

Click other in the drop down list - see if they can help you with the SSO issues.

There is nothing else that we can do given that there is only the one account here for us to work with.

Beans

Are you being deliberately thick for some reason? Did I say something that just ruined your day and you're refusing to help? Seems that way. You're deliberately avoiding the point, because there's no way you're missing it.

I had to create this FAKE/TEMPORARY account (and yes, that is what it is. There's nothing unusual or weird about that concept that's difficult to understand) in order to get help, because this forum offers NO way to make contact with admin without an account.

The problem is here, on the forum. That is rather obvious. Its not an SSO issue, and it is reproducible. There's a bug and it should be fixed. If you want to hide in the sand, that's your deal. If you want help fixing it... I can reproduce it and give the exact steps.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

There is a way to contact us without an account.

As it is there seems to be little point in you doing so.

Your thread has been full of misleading statements and ramblings about some other accounts that don't exist.

You've now resorted to verbal insults.

I've dealt with this account now.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

It's probably too late now, but I'll post this for the record.

You had an Ubuntu One account and with that you created a forum account. You were unhappy with the forum username that was generated. Instead of adopting a constructive attitude so that we could pass on relevant information to the appropriate place in order make the username generation algorithm better, you ranted and rambled in such a way that any information you did post obfuscated anything that might have been useful.

Having created a forum account with a username that you did not like, two forum admins offered to change the username for you. You continued to rant and ramble, thus passing up on the offer. And then you resorted to verbal abuse, which will never get you anywhere.

At about the same time as you posted yesterday, another person contacted us who had probably experienced the same or a similar issue. In contrast to your belligerent approach, their communication was polite, asking what could be done for them. I was able to reply in similar manner and was able to deal with their request promptly and efficiently.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12