Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 395

Thread: GNOME Classic & Flashback sessions

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Trusty GNOME Classic & Flashback sessions

    Same here. Nvidia driver 319.32 in flashback. The panels appear quickly but, it takes 2-3 minutes (it seems) for the wallpaper, Cairo Dock, etc. to come up.
    Compiz also uses a lot of CPU as well. Because of this I haven't been staying in Trusty for all that long at a time.

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    15,966

    Re: slow indicators, nautilus loads due to glib

    The issue with the slow loading indicators & nautilus is likely from the new glib source.
    At least here downgrading to previous version & they load up fine (libglib2.0-0 (2.38.1-1)

    So that's repairable, look for new flashback builds down the road

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    11,541

    Re: slow indicators, nautilus loads due to glib

    Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    The issue with the slow loading indicators & nautilus is likely from the new glib source.
    At least here downgrading to previous version & they load up fine (libglib2.0-0 (2.38.1-1)

    So that's repairable, look for new flashback builds down the road
    In deed, I've reminded two people in recent days that we're still really pre-alpha

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    11,541

    Re: Trusty GNOME Classic & Flashback sessions

    Quote Originally Posted by kansasnoob View Post
    I was searching for something else and stumbled upon this:

    https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeFlashback

    Really good info so I wanted to share it
    Address change:

    https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeFlashback

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beta Testing in Canada
    Beans
    8,622
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Trusty GNOME Classic & Flashback sessions

    Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    Well I resurrected an older laptop (core2duo, nvidia 8400m, 6-7 year old hdd, ect.

    On login both the gnome panels show immediately but -
    The sound, datetime & session indicators take about 1 min to appear
    nautilus is not handling the Desktop until either clicking on anything in Places or waiting until the 3 missing indicators load

    Thats exactly it on my nVidia based machines.
    This is not Convergence, This is now Gnome
    Ubuntu Development Version Testing Blog Remarks
    Running 16.04 on Mobo: MSI model: B85-G41 PC Mate(MS-7850) v: 1.0

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Trusty GNOME Classic & Flashback sessions

    Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    Thats exactly it on my nVidia based machines.
    Well I guess i'll make it unanimous.

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Island in The Sun
    Beans
    292
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

    Re: slow indicators, nautilus loads due to glib

    Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    The issue with the slow loading indicators & nautilus is likely from the new glib source.
    At least here downgrading to previous version & they load up fine (libglib2.0-0 (2.38.1-1)

    So that's repairable, look for new flashback builds down the road
    thanks for that info

    I can't seem to downgrade as it's only showing the latest libclib (2.39 something) any ideas how to find and re-install that older one

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beta Testing in Canada
    Beans
    8,622
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Trusty GNOME Classic & Flashback sessions

    Quote Originally Posted by runrickus View Post
    Well I guess i'll make it unanimous.
    +1
    This is not Convergence, This is now Gnome
    Ubuntu Development Version Testing Blog Remarks
    Running 16.04 on Mobo: MSI model: B85-G41 PC Mate(MS-7850) v: 1.0

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    15,966

    Re: slow indicators, nautilus loads due to glib

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazzabin View Post
    thanks for that info

    I can't seem to downgrade as it's only showing the latest libclib (2.39 something) any ideas how to find and re-install that older one
    Well you go here for i386
    https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source...+build/5135941

    amd64 users need 2 i386 packages from above in addition to whichever amd64 ones they need from below link
    https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source...+build/5135938

    To see what packages you can either search libglib2 in synaptic or this in terminal, look for 'Installed: 2.39.....'
    apt-cache policy libglib2.0*

    Download all needed, put in a created folder, cd to in a terminal & run this. If any error then read, fix & rerun command till good
    sudo dpkg -i *.deb

    typical 4 packages for amd64 shown in screen, the 2 all.debs are from i386 link
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mc4man; December 2nd, 2013 at 07:03 AM. Reason: missing a

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: slow indicators, nautilus loads due to glib

    Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    Well you go here for i386
    https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source...+build/5135941

    amd64 users need 2 i386 packages from above in addition to whichever amd64 ones they need from below link
    https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source...+build/5135938

    To see what packages you can either search libglib2 in synaptic or this in terminal, look for 'Installed: 2.39.....'
    apt-cache policy libglib2.0*

    Download all needed, put in a created folder, cd to in a terminal & run this. If any error then read, fix & rerun command till good
    sudo dpkg -i *.deb

    typical 4 packages for amd64 shown in screen, the 2 all.debs are from i386 link
    Kewl mon! That fixed it up for me! Back in the thick of it. Thanks!
    Last edited by Cavsfan; December 2nd, 2013 at 02:43 PM.

Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •