Thread: Unable to login,.. with old ID

Beans

Unable to login,.. with old ID

Dear admins,..
    I am having trouble login in with my normal account,.. I have therefore had to create a new account just to log myself in and be able to create a post,.. sorry..

trying to use old account info of diyhouse and or <snip>

When prompted for Personal Data Request,.. and sharing info…

I am trying to login to the forums page and getting stuck at the initial login page with the following error.

"That username is already in use or does not meet the administrator's standards. If you are mark2 and you have forgotten your password, click here."

----------
    The email and confirm email are both correct and are both mine,.. I own the domain,.. so I know they are not in use by anyone else…

It may be that the system has somewhere tied my “nickname” of diyhouse in somewhere,.. but I have no idea what it really wants

pls scramble email addresses once read, tx

Many thanks guys for your help
    Last edited by coffeecat; October 29th, 2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: email address removed

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Unable to login,.. with old ID

There is no forum account with the username diyhouse, nor one currently registered with the email address you quote.

I'm concerned about the error message you saw. So that we can look into this, please pm me (for confidentiality) with these details:

1 - The contents of the Full Name field in the Ubuntu One account that triggered this message.

2 - The contents of the Username field in the Ubuntu One account that triggered this message. This is a separate field from 1, and will only apply if this is an older Ubuntu One account. If you have a newer account, it will not exist.

3 - The email address set as preferred in the Ubuntu One account that triggered this message.

If you had an older forum account, can you remember the username? When you say, "normal account", it's not clear whether you mean an Ubuntu One or a forum account. They are separate entities.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

Many thanks for speedy response,.. PM sent.
    thankyou

Beans

Is it possible to hide/rename ID for this account?
    If I try edit my settings,. it says I have insufficient privilege
    Thankyou

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Dealt with via pm and account now renamed.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.