Thread: change of username

Beans

change of username

Hi can you help me get back my access to my old account.

haruX
    http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=810289

will this account be removed after disassociating with ubuntu one? thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Re: change of username

The haruX account had a yahoo.com.sg address registered to it, not the hotmail you used in Ubuntu One. I've disassociated this account from Ubuntu One. Change your preferred email in Ubuntu One to the yahoo email, log in again and you will do so to the haruX account.

Once you have successfully logged into the haruX account, we'll disable this account. We don't delete accounts.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

Oh god I didn't know I used the yahoo account, it has been a while and it is being deactivated and recycled, seems that someone might have already used my username as well!! I have to check with yahoo again but I cant guarentee I can get it back.. but meanwhile is it possible on your side to change the email address to my current ubuntu one address? Thanks a lot!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Don't worry. No one's used your username.

Looking deeper into the logs I saw that you had used the hotmail email that you used in Ubuntu One in the haruX account in April 2009, but you then changed it to the Yahoo address in July 2009. That satisfies our security check, so I've done what you have requested. I've disabled this account, unlinked it from Ubuntu One and removed the hotmail address from it, and I've updated the haruX account with your hotmail. Log out and in again and you should log into haruX.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.