Re: Firefox and Thunderbird not working after home folder imported from xubuntu 13.10
OK. I'll attempt this one.
Originally Posted by gadjet77
- Close Thunderbird.
- Open your file manager and navigate to your /home/<user> directory.
- Press Ctrl+H to show hidden files.
- Open .thunderbird.bak in your home/<user> in the file manager.
- There should be a something.default directory there.
- open it.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all.
- Navigate with the same file manager window to /.thunderbird
- and find the something.default in the "new" ~/.thunderbird directory and open it
- Press Ctrl+V to paste those contents into the "new" /home/<user>/.thunderbird/something.default directory, overwrite all if|when prompted.
- Open Thunderbird.
IF you have more than 1 email account, then you could or should copy all the contents of .thunderbird.bak/ into the "new" .thunderbird directory, including the profile.ini
and then open Thunderbird.
Are they the same version of Thunderbird at least?
Last edited by Habitual; October 22nd, 2013 at 05:37 PM.
If you want things you've never had, you have to do things you've never done.