Nice!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Arrow Re: Trusty Tahr

Gorgeous!
    Oh to have some socks made out of that wool!
    A friendly & helpful Linux community who has started a large cursor theme project. If you are sick of tiny cursors, go here and get one.
    http://linuxinternationals.org/forum...orum.php?f=166

Beans

Re: Trusty Tahr

When I heard the news on OMGUbuntu I was like..."What the heck is a Tahr?", then after some thinking I wondered what new features will they have in store for 14.04. Maybe they'll reconsider Chromium being the default browser.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eqiweathercenter View Post
    Maybe they'll reconsider Chromium being the default browser.
    I sure hope not. I can't really see the point of Chromium to be honest. It is a test browser for Chrome stripped of all the proprietary stuffs, yet doesn't have the power and open source credential of Firefox. It is neither here nor there.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

We will get clues at the Ubuntu Developer Summit 19 -21 November http://uds.ubuntu.com/
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Would make a good slogan, "You can trust your car to the man using Trusty Tahr"
    This post is like Brigadoon!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

I defo think they should re consider making chromium lt a default browser yes we all know that firefox is extremely stable. But i think chromium is faster and more suited to today's need's of people wanting information as quick as they can get it. To be honest most of us already use both so if you wanted firefox it's just a few click's away to install. And for the newbie to linux i think they would be more suited to chromium as they already use chrome on the other OS.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

@david98: i agree...only thing is i wish they could make it Google Chrome (instead of Chromium) because it's more complete by default, having the latest built in flash plug in, and really nifty in-browser PDF reader and adds a ppa to your software sources so you get the latest stable version as soon as it is released...Unfortunately, it appears that because of the licensing issue, Canonical can't include it by default...

Yes, i know those things can be ADDED to Chromium after install, but it's more work...
    It wouldn't be bad if Canonical could package up those options to add on easily from the software center (say calling it: chromium bonus package or something like that...lol) but don't know if they would do that...
    Last edited by craig10x; November 9th, 2013 at 03:49 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by david98 View Post
    I defo think they should re consider making chromium lt a default browser yes we all know that firefox is extremely stable. But i think chromium is faster and more suited to today's need's of people wanting information as quick as they can get it. To be honest most of us already use both so if you wanted firefox it's just a few click's away to install. And for the newbie to linux i think they would be more suited to chromium as they already use chrome on the other OS.
    So if both are available for install - why change?

Tried chromium a couple of times and it's woefully unable to import bookmarks - not got the time nor patience to fiddle about with something as basic as that.

I'm glad you are able to confirm that "for the newbie to linux i think they would be more suited to chromium as they already use chrome on the other OS" - do you have the same information for who's using what OS's out there then we can put the linux users are anywhere between 0 and 100%

Personally I don't know anyone who uses Chrome.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

@elfy: he does have a good point though...many windows users (even if not actually owning one) have probably at least played with a chrome book in a store (which of course has the chrome web browser) and also many manufacturers have been including Google Chrome as the second browser (by default) right on the initial install and quite a few windows users prefer Chrome now over Internet Explorer, so when they come over to Ubuntu, it would be a familiar face, as it were...

Still, as i mentioned...problem is canonical has to offer Chromium not Chrome...so maybe it is best to just leave things as they are...since Chrome is so easy to install by grabbing the deb from Google's web site and open and install in the Ubuntu Software Center...

It's also similar to Mac's Safari (and even up to recently used the same base) so it feels comfortable for mac converts as well...again...a shame Ubuntu can't offer the full featured Chrome instead of Chromium...
    Last edited by craig10x; November 9th, 2013 at 04:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast