View Poll Results: Share with us your Saucy (13.10) Upgrade & Installation Experiences

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Upgrade - worked flawlessly.

13 20.97%
  • Upgrade - worked but had a few things to fix, nothing serious though.

14 22.58%
  • Upgrade - had many problems that I've not been able to solve.

5 8.06%
  • Install - worked flawlessly.

17 27.42%
  • Install - worked but had a few things to fix.

8 12.90%
  • Install - had many problems that I have not been able to solve.

5 8.06%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Share with us your Saucy (13.10) Upgrade & Installation Experiences

Beans

Thumbs up Re: Share with us your Saucy (13.10) Upgrade & Installation Experiences

My brothers girl, has a Dell inspiron w/ win7 and 4 gig ram. It was really clogged up and I thought the HDD was bad to. I told her, just to show her something new, that I was going to format the drive and install Ubuntu 12.04 on it, and she said do it. I did and she loves it! Like I knew she would. A couple weeks later the Hdd did crash. I installed a ssd hdd along with Ubuntu 13.10. The first installation done great! It even fixed the Broadcom issue right off the bat! Wireless was working right away! Then it crashed. Not Ubuntu's fault or installation problem. This was an overheating problem in which a cooling pad fixed. I re-installed 2 times. Now the broadcom issue is an issue again.I could'nt get it to work again. I just gave her a usb wi-fi antenna in which has no problems. I just wonder why the Broadcom worked 1 time and quit. Besides the Broadcom prob everything works great! Hail to the guys that put "sausy" out here!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Share with us your Saucy (13.10) Upgrade & Installation Experiences

It worked fine but if you want to dual boot you have to do it manually so you have to make the partitions manually on Windows 8. On other computers without Windows 8 it gives you a choice to do itself. But it worked perfectly!
    Last edited by cariboo; February 2nd, 2014 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Normalize font to comply with Forum C of C

Beans

I did a clean install from downloaded image 64 bit on a 2009 white unibody Macbook. The install process worked flawlessly. Once the install was complete and I was booted into the system I just had to install some updates and a couple of restricted drivers for wireless and the Nvidia graphics card. So far everything is working and system has been stable. I installed this operating system about a week ago.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I was having problems in 12.04 LTS with Thunderbierd. So I decided to upgrade to 13.10. It went smoothly, not accounting for those apps that have not been updated to run on 13.10. I must say that until recently I did not know how "Bullet Proof" Ubuntu was. The mobo that was in place when I updated, burnt up about 2 weeks ago. So I had to upgrade the hardware from a socket 939 mobo to an FM2+mobo and the graphics from and nvidia 8400 to an nvidia 630. Fearing I would have to reinstall Ubuntu I flip the switch and much to my surprise Ubuntu 13.10 booted right up with no problems. Yeahhhhhhhhhh!
    Why aren't you on #ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net?
    Answers and Howtos

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I did a fresh install on my machine, created only three partitions - root, home and swap. Ah, no, the fourth one was a small one for efi. The first attempt failed - the installation was stuck for some reason right after checking requirements with tickboxes for choosing to update during installation and to install some of mp3 codecs and so on. However, after reboot everything went well. On first boot I noticed that keyboard layout indicatior is not working properly - it did not change according to layout, however the layout itself changed. After I did full dist-upgrade the issue was gone and now everything works correctly. This is all so far - didn't experience any trouble during installation and update.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I installed Ubuntu 13.10 a couple of months ago on a dell studio laptop
    with 6Gb mem, I3 processor, and shipped with windows 8

everything workd out of the box
    wireless, bluetooth, everything

I am now building my own debian files
    Running even kernel 3.13.6 on it

Ubuntu is great

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345