Thread: Ubuntu 13.10 + vdpau on r600

Beans

Ubuntu 13.10 + vdpau on r600

Hi!

I've recently installed Ubuntu 13.10. Since it came with linux kernel 3.11 and mesa 9.2 the first three things that I tried to do were:
    1. Enable dynamic power management for my HD 4570 (radeon.dpm=1)
    2. Enable the radeon shader optimizations (R600_DEBUG=sb)
    3. Install smplayer so that I can enjoy vdpau hardware acceleration.

No problem with the first 2 options. But with the third one... well I've just installed the libvdpau but no chance of getting the vdpau working. So I've just tried the old way I've used in 13.04: download the latest mesa (10.0) and compile it with the following options:

Code:
    ./configure --with-egl-platforms=x11,drm --with-dri-drivers=radeon  --with-gallium-drivers=r600 --enable-gbm --enable-shared-glapi  --enable-vdpau --enable-glx-tls --enable-gallium-llvm  --with-llvm-shared-libs
    After a
    Code:
    sudo make install
    the new mesa was installed and my vdpau accleration worked just fine. But just out of curiosity (I tought - hey - maybe my OpenGL will be bumped from 3.1 to 3.2 with the new version of mesa) I checked the glxinfo and to my surprise: opengl is at version 2.1
    I had no other option but to reinstall ubuntu.

So does any of you know what can I do to get vdpau working with the curent mesa (9.2.1) without downgrading the opengl version ? Can any of you point me in the right direction. Maybe I did something wrong in the compiling process?

Thank you for your help!

John

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 13.10 + vdpau on r600

Maybe I did something wrong in the compiling process?
    Can you give output of ./configure?

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 13.10 + vdpau on r600

This is the output:
    Code:
     prefix:          /usr/local
            exec_prefix:     ${prefix}
            libdir:          ${exec_prefix}/lib
            includedir:      ${prefix}/include

OpenGL:          yes (ES1: no ES2: no)
            OpenVG:          no

OSMesa:          no
            DRI drivers:     no
            DRI driver dir:  ${libdir}/dri
            GLX:             DRI-based

EGL:             yes
            EGL platforms:   x11 drm
            EGL drivers:     builtin:egl_glx builtin:egl_dri2

llvm:            yes
            llvm-config:     /usr/bin/llvm-config
            llvm-version:    3.2

Gallium:         yes
            Target dirs:     dri-r600 vdpau-r600 
            Winsys dirs:     radeon/drm sw sw/dri 
            Driver dirs:     galahad identity noop r600 rbug trace 
            Trackers dirs:   dri vdpau 

Shared libs:     yes
            Static libs:     no
            Shared-glapi:    yes

CFLAGS:          -g -O2 -Wall -std=c99 -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Werror=missing-prototypes -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-builtin-memcmp
            CXXFLAGS:        -g -O2 -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-builtin-memcmp
            Macros:          -D_GNU_SOURCE -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DTEXTURE_FLOAT_ENABLED -DUSE_X86_64_ASM -DHAVE_DLOPEN -DHAVE_POSIX_MEMALIGN -DGLX_INDIRECT_RENDERING -DGLX_DIRECT_RENDERING -DGLX_USE_TLS -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_EXTERNAL_DXTN_LIB=1 -DHAVE_ALIAS -DHAVE_MINCORE -DHAVE_LIBUDEV -DHAVE_LLVM=0x0302

LLVM_CFLAGS:     -I/usr/lib/llvm-3.2/include  -D_GNU_SOURCE -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS
            LLVM_CXXFLAGS:   -I/usr/lib/llvm-3.2/include  -D_GNU_SOURCE -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS    -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -fno-exceptions -fPIC -Woverloaded-virtual -Wcast-qual
            LLVM_CPPFLAGS:   -I/usr/lib/llvm-3.2/include  -D_GNU_SOURCE -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS

PYTHON2:         python2

Run 'make' to build Mesa