On the sevententh I upgraded to Ubuntu 13.10 from 13.04. I used the regular upgrade routine and all seemed to be going smoothly. Then early yesterday I beleive there was a problem with upgrading the browser Google Chrome, which was one of my Internet browsers. Here I am afraid to say my memory may be suspect. It is quite possible I interrupted the upgrade some how. In any case I unistalled Google Chrome stable then ran an update through the terminal.
I spent the next several hours doign my thing. Then late in the afternoon I opened Dash to check the Software Updatee as is my routine and wa surprised to see not one but two Software Updater icons.
I clicked both the first one ran normally in that small windiow giving me a no updates avalable indication. The second one however came up with this:

/home/bill48/Pictures/Screenshot from 2013-10-20 08:37:32.png

Then the next shot was this:

/home/bill48/Pictures/Screenshot from 2013-10-20 08:38:12.png

I do not know what it could mean other then the upgrade being refered to is or was the upgrade for the Browser "Google Chrome"? Here is another thing in the Ubuntu Software Center it shows an 'Software Updater' but it does not have the green checkmark indicating it is installed. When I clicked on it, it showed the install button.
I am now confused and am wondering what does it all mean my having in Dash two "Software Updater's" and yet in the 'Ubuntu Software Center' it shows a 'Software Updater" that apparently has not been installed. Now here I may need to make a retraction in my statement about finding the Software Updater not showin it as being installed. I just did a quick check of the U. S. C. and found that little green check in the lower right corner showing it is installed.
I went back an opened Dash and noticed this:

/home/bill48/Pictures/Screenshot from 2013-10-20 08:59:59.png

Which shows the two updater's but the second one, which I did not notice at first says 'Software Update' an not 'Software Updater'
Now comes the big question that being should I take notice of the warning the "Softward Update" shows or ???

bill23