Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: upgrade to 13.10 after you suspend, network is disabled and cant be enabled

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: upgrade to 13.10 after you suspend, network is disabled and cant be enabled

Anyone having this problem might also want look at bug 1184262 -- https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1184262 -- as of yesterday there's a software package with a patch to try to fix it, which has helped some and not others.

EDIT: The updated software HAS helped me.
    Last edited by Tommy; November 1st, 2013 at 02:11 PM.

Beans

Talking Re: upgrade to 13.10 after you suspend, network is disabled and cant be enabled

Quote Originally Posted by phaenze View Post
    I have this bug as well. I found the work-around* here and here. The basic steps are:

Now the interface is started upon resume. It seems to suspend/resume slower, but it works.

Peace,
    Paul

*This is not the solution (as I originally wrote) but a work-around. The solution is for the bug to be fixed. Visit this page and click if it's affecting you. Thanks.
    Awesome! This did the job! I was without network even after rebooting the system, but now it works fine again
    Thank you very much

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

If any of you are using cairo-dock, disable the auto-starting, reboot and see if the problem persists. It resolved my suspend problem and the reboot/shutdown functions were reactivated as well.

I've filed a bug report indicating the conflict.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by gacb View Post
    If any of you are using cairo-dock, disable the auto-starting, reboot and see if the problem persists. It resolved my suspend problem and the reboot/shutdown functions were reactivated as well.
    You might also want to look at Bug 1184262 https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1184262 -- it could be that cairo-dock is triggering the bug merely because it puts just enough strain on the processor. On my netbook, the bug got triggered by opening a Chrome browser with a couple of dozen tabs. Try installing the updated package and see if it helps with cairo-dock.

EDIT: This week (2013-11-14) they released a fix to the systemd-shim software so if you see that update come through on your update-manager, give it a try. It fixes (or greatly reduces) the problem for many folks.
    Last edited by Tommy; November 16th, 2013 at 12:09 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by phaenze View Post
    I have this bug as well. I found the work-around* here and here. The basic steps are:

Now the interface is started upon resume. It seems to suspend/resume slower, but it works.

Peace,
    Paul

*This is not the solution (as I originally wrote) but a work-around. The solution is for the bug to be fixed. Visit this page and click if it's affecting you. Thanks.

thanks, this work around solve my problem

Beans

Perfect workaround for me. Has not failed on Asus K53SC laptop. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12