Thread: Changing brightness via Fn keys is opening xfce4-display-settings by default in 13.10

Beans

Changing brightness via Fn keys is opening xfce4-display-settings by default in 13.10

Hi all,

I recently installed Xubuntu 13.10 on my laptop, and noticed that every time I press Fn + F5/6, it opens a new display settings window. I went and checked the keyboard shortcut settings... lo and behold, there was a second keyboard shortcut for the display settings with the key combination 'XF86Display'. Removing it fixed the issue. Has anyone else had this behavior in a fresh install?

Beans

Re: Changing brightness via Fn keys is opening xfce4-display-settings by default in 1

I have same trouble on my asus k55dr.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Changing brightness via Fn keys is opening xfce4-display-settings by default in 1

I'm having a similar issue on ubuntu, wit Acer Aspire One D150 since upgrading to 13.10: Whenever I switch displays with the Fn key, networking is lost. Could it be some general issue of Fn keys mixups in 13.10?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Check this out: http://askubuntu.com/questions/29397...is-not-working

(I had the same issue on my AsusX501A, brightness keys (Fn+f5/f6/f7) now work perfectly)

Have a nice day!
    My crime is that of curiosity.