Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you agree with this distro difficulty ranking?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Do you agree with this distro difficulty ranking?

Quote Originally Posted by 12padams View Post
    Thanks for all your help guys I will probably replace pinguy with ZorinOS since it's definitely a beginner Distro.

For those wondering this ranking system is for the OSFirstTimer forums. Oh btw next week on the OSFirstTimer YouTube channel expect to see an Ubuntu 13.10 review. I'll make sure I point out the new scopes in dash and also go over the heads up display (I know it's not a new feature but I haven't gone over it before).

Anyway thanks again Ubuntu community
    Please clearly label the review as for "Desktop".
    Lots of us have left the "Desktop" and only run Ubuntu Server these days to avoid the latest abominations from Canonical's GUI designers.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 12padams View Post
    Do you all believe slackware is a more difficult distro than Arch?
    The difficulty of Slackware tends to be a little overstated sometimes. With a full installation and boot straight into kde there are not usually all that many problems. Perhaps a little tinkering is required but even so...
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Greetings,
    Puppy Linux at the top of the list? Just try to get a bluetooth mouse working in any of the default versions of Puppy. Correction: Just try to get a bluetooth stack working in Puppy. After you surrender that idea, start counting the days until you corrupt your entire setup. On the positive side, if you are a beginner you WILL learn how to get a wifi card working before you are bald, unless you just don't need internet!

Regarding slackware at the end of the list! I have wondered why a bunch of "Terminal" enthusiasts would create the beautiful GUI that is in Slax 14 and then leave the ones most likely to need it (beginners) with nothing. In their defence, it's been a while since I've tried Slax. What I saw was nice, just couldn't get it working.

IMHO, Ubuntu belongs at the top of the List. Thats why I'm here!

@12padams; Nice list! I like it!
    Last edited by rrnbtter; November 2nd, 2013 at 03:52 PM.
    rrnbtter
    Life is good! Live it to the Ubuntu-ist!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12