Thread: Recommendation for native Linux audio player that has a same File Operations plugin

Beans

Recommendation for native Linux audio player that has a same File Operations plugin

...as in Foobar2000 on Windows...

Foobar2000 under Wine crashes when I try to use it...., please can you tell whether native linux player with such feature exists?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Recommendation for native Linux audio player that has a same File Operations plug

You mean the feature "crashes when you use it?"

I use Clementine. Others use Rhythmbox. There are many other choices. Do a forum search, and you'll find lots of threads with suggestions.
    If you ask for help, please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Recommendation for native Linux audio player that has a same File Operations plug

I suggest Rythmbox. It should come prepackaged with Ubuntu.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Moved to Multimedia & Video.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

moc and mocp. Less crashes more music.
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

Beans

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "File Operations plugin" but then again I never thought foobar was worth the trouble myself.

However, I organize my music library by file tree, and Clementine supports that better than any linux music player I've tried. The only other one that came close was vlc.

Also in clementine you can right click a playlist entry and bring up an instance of the file manager at that file's location. It's actually pretty handy.

Beans

File Operations = Right-click a song and have the option to copy/move/rename/delete it.