Thread: Looking for a replacement of autoCAD and Photoshop

Beans

Question Looking for a replacement of autoCAD and Photoshop

Hi,.. I just joined to this forum, and a newbie of ubuntu user. I imagine that my office can use ubuntu for the OS, there any software can replace autoCAD and photoshop.

Beans

Re: Looking for a replacement of autoCAD and Photoshop

GIMP is like Photoshop, you should checkout the thread about Photoshop theme for GIMP in this section, maybe it helps you with the transition. And i think Blender is like autoCAD, i think, just google it and you'll know.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Have a look at Bricscad, I have never tried it but you can get a free trial version.
    http://www.bricsys.com/en_GB/bricscad/

Beans

The Gimp (GNU Image Manipulation Program... I think) is excellent as stated above. as for CAD I have used extensively QCAD It is certainly lightweight as far as modern CAD programs go, but it works really well and it is highly intuitive. Blender can be used as an engineering program although that really isn't its purpose; Blender is more of an artist's program. As a side note I also enjoy and recommend Inscape it is a 2d art program that uses scale-able vector graphics which is more object oriented than raster images like those used in Photoshop or Gimp. I hope this helped, and good luck!