Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ubuntu forum login problem

Beans

ubuntu forum login problem

I couldent get into the forum as leeper69 just kept getting wrong password or user name. so i had the password emaild to me and did what I was told to do but my user name was changed to leeper692 and now I am loged on as a new user with no way to check my old threds or posts. HELP!!! how can I get to my old threds?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: ubuntu forum login problem

Thread moved to Resolution Centre.

Please make sure that you have the same e-mail address at login.ubuntu.com as you have here and set as preferred there.

leeper69 uses a netzero address - this account has a live.com one.

Once you've done so let us know and we'll disassociate this account.

Beans

I tryed using netzero email address and my old password with the same resultes as before the login program sso tell's me I have the wrong email adress or wrong password.

Beans

I finaly figured out how to change the email address to my netzero email but sso also makes you change your password so I changed it and confermed it and sso now tells me the password is unconfermed. still trying to get back to my old account!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Check you spam folder, just in case the confirmation email landed there.

Beans

Hi I have tryed to get my old user name back for two days now and have ben sent two confermation codes both of them did not work! I was told I did not have autherization by sso. Is ther a phone number for sso I can use to get this stratend out? I have tryed there tecnical help page and never got any help there.

Beans

Hi well I cant get my old user acount back! this has ben harder than building a custom kernal. it's a shame that the person that hacked your site has caused so much greef for the users and staff!!!
    I have ben using Ubuntu for years now and hope to use your operating system for the remainder of my life. thanks for all you do!!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

We can do this a different way, but first...

Quote Originally Posted by leeper692 View Post
    I finaly figured out how to change the email address to my netzero email but sso also makes you change your password so I changed it and confermed it and sso now tells me the password is unconfermed. still trying to get back to my old account!
    I really don't follow that. Does SSO make you change your password when you change the email? Password unconfirmed? Do you mean that the email is unconfirmed? That would be standard practice with any site, to send a verification email to the new email address from which you can confirm the email. We don't administer Ubuntu One, so if you need help with your Ubuntu One account you will need to contact their support. You might find this link helpful:

https://one.ubuntu.com/help/faq/how-...e-my-password/

That's a recover lost password page but it includes a contact us link.

But back to your forum account... PM me with the exact email address associated with the leeper69 account - as a security check - and I'll do this another way.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

Hi Coffeecat I dont know what PM means pleas explain it to me and I will gladly send you my email address for my old account. and thank you for trying to help me!!!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

A PM is a Private Message. if you left-click on a username, there should be an option to send a Private Message.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast