Thread: problems installing a Broadcom BCM4311

Beans

Question problems installing a Broadcom BCM4311

Hello everyone,
    I am quite nw using linux but not completely... some time ago, I used to have an Xubuntu OS, and already there I had problems with my wireless card, however, thanks to some of you guys, we managed to solve it and, finally, it worked.
    Now, I have a similar problem with my lubuntu (I changed because Xubuntu seemed quite slow), I don't know how to install the drivers, but it should work once done. And, unfortunately, I don't find the original post where I asked it the first time.
    I hope you can help me.
    Thank you so much!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: problems installing a Broadcom BCM4311

Please do:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install linux-firmware-nonfree
    Thanks

Beans

Thank you, I dont copy waht it appears but it worked in some way, now I can see some networks but not all of them, actually, mine is one meter from the laptop and it doesn't appear, would you know why and/or how to solve it?
    Thank you anyway!!

Beans

False, it appear, some minutes later, but now it is, so, you can close the topic, thank you!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 4dr14n View Post
    False, it appear, some minutes later, but now it is, so, you can close the topic, thank you!!
    There are some problems like this reported with the b43 driver and BCM4311. If you use 12.04lts(?) with the 3.8 quantal kernel you could try the 3.2 precise kernel and look if this issue remains or not.