Thread: Plymouth command failed

Beans

Plymouth command failed

Ubuntu doesn't work for me so I need help asap. After have been online on the computer for some minutes this pops up
    http://tinypic.com/r/wbs4nd/5 "Plymouth command failed". And when that happened. I can't do anything on the computer :/

I don't know what's wrong.

I have read a lot of threads but none has worked for me :/

I hope someone can help me, thank you

Beans

Re: Plymouth command failed

Have you already tried
    Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    ? Most times this will solve the problems. Other possibilities: sudo apt-get update -y && sudo apt-get upgrade -y
    Else you should try locate broken packages with aptitude: sudo aptitude . It should be possible to use your mouse in the terminal, click on one of the most right menu-items and select "mark broken packages" or something like that. If there are any, you will see them together with options to fix them.

Beans

Maybe this is the problem? http://tinypic.com/r/2isidm9/5

and this http://tinypic.com/r/33bekqg/5? How do I fix this U think?

Beans

To be really honest, my Norwegian/Finnish/Danish/Swedish* is not that great, so could you translate the errors for me?(:

Are you able to update through terminal using [sudo apt-get update] and the other commands I gave in post #2? [sudo dpkg --reconfigure -a] might solve the problems. After all that, try [sudo apt-get autoremove] and [sudo aptitude].

*I am not responsible for any harm caused by an incorrect interpretation of this assumption.

Beans

Message 1: An unresolvable problem occurred while calculating the upgrade .

Please report this bug against the 'update manager' package and include the following error message
    'E:error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated break; This can be caused on withheld packages.
    It usually means that your installed packages has Dependencies who's not satisfied.

Do you know What I Should do to fix this or Should I report this?

If you don't know how I Should do to fix this I have another question for you:

Should I report the bug like the picture( who was on Swedish) Or should I translate for them?

Beans

Well, it seems there are problems with some packages. Have you tried fixing them with the commands I supplied you with? And with aptitude?
    If yes: my knowledge ends here. If not: try them, it might work.

I don't really know. You might translate it, but I do not think it is necessary for them.

P.S. you can make screenshots with [alt]+[printscreen]

Beans

None of your commands world But How do I report this bug and What is the thing that I Should report?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans

The problem was the STA driver, I have now changed to the b43 instead