Thread: How do you remove nonworking menu items like suspend so no one clicks on them?

Beans
    Hidden!

How do you remove nonworking menu items like suspend so no one clicks on them?

I dont want people to suspend the desktops and then they dont wake up.
    So just eliminate the visible option. If they do not see it they wont miss it and wont think it is broken.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: How do you remove nonworking menu items like suspend so no one clicks on them?

I right-click on the "action button" (the one used to log out or suspend) and that brings up a menu from which I select "Properties." That gives me a dialog which includes a list of "Visible actions." Just un-check the Suspend and Hibernate entries and they're no longer shown.

However I'm using Xubuntu and its window manager differs from that used in "standard" Ubuntu, so you may have somewhat different methods to deal with configuration. This may give you a lead to follow even then, though...
    --
    Jim Kyle in Oklahoma, USA
    Linux Counter #259718
    Howto mark thread: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UnansweredPo.../SolvedThreads

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: How do you remove nonworking menu items like suspend so no one clicks on them?

Thank you, JKyleOKC - you answered a question I never thought to ask! I've just tuned up my "action button" by your method!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

[moved to desktop environments]
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.