Thread: Tag And Rename Windows App Replacement?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Tag And Rename Windows App Replacement?

Greetings there is a program that I have to keep coming back to windows to use, and using windows irritates me . The program is called "Tag And Rename". And it's an MP3 tag editor. I tired Easy Tag via the software center, but it don't provide the same features as tag and rename. I like how Tag and Rename lets you work with a lot files at once, you can highlight a list of say a 100 songs and change all the fields at once on every file. It also let you names files from tags and tags from files. Anyone know of a program like that for linux? So I don't have to keep going back to windows?

Beans

Re: Tag And Rename Windows App Replacement?

I've been using Debian/Ubuntu for the better part of a decade, and I don't like any of the GUI tag editors. You can try exfalso and/or puddletag.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Tag And Rename Windows App Replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Copper_City View Post
    I like how Tag and Rename lets you work with a lot files at once, you can highlight a list of say a 100 songs and change all the fields at once on every file. It also let you names files from tags and tags from files. Anyone know of a program like that for linux? So I don't have to keep going back to windows?
    You can do that in easytag. Nevertheless, if you want to try something else, here some other audio tagger apps:
    • puddletag
    • kid3-qt
    • picard