Hi

Does anybody has any experience in visualization of a program execution? I'm looking into a way how to visualize a lua program in the 3d, using opengl let's say, it would be somethink like creating an uml sequence diagram from the code and then putting it into 3d with other object and then as you interact with the program itself the visualization would show the messages/method calls and also the state of the objects, now I know that it isn't that simple, currently my understanding of lua language is very vague but what i learn so far is that lua has everything saved in tables and I have to extract the information I need for visualization from there, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Now to the question, does anybody has any experience in this area, or do you know of some resources on the internet or do you have any ideas how to achive this goal?
I'm trying to learn as much as posible about this topic so I would be grateful for any help in any form(ideas, experiences, tutorials, links, papers, articles, videos ...).
Many thanks