Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No HDMI Audio Galago UltrPro

Beans

Re: No HDMI Audio Galago UltrPro

Quote Originally Posted by 4CP8X4x View Post
    It detected it and is displayed in sound output but there is still no actual audio coming through despite it being selected.
    Try de-selecting and then re-selecting HDMI in the sound settings window. Sometimes I have to wiggle around the volume level for it to pick up. For some reason Ubuntu occasionally confuses the audio devices from that menu from what I can tell.

Beans

ok i'm having this problem too. galago with ubuntu 13.10.

after changing the optio of my hdmi from stereo to surround (was just messing around) it stopped working - for that tv! it will work after some fiddling on another.

i can select hdmi output but no audio will play on the tv (no tv is not muted).

how can i reset the audio to how it was with vanilla 13.10?

fwiw, here's the setting that seems to have permanently broken my hdmi audio (on apparently just the tv connected at the time!)
    http://imagebin.org/274095
    Last edited by raphael-estrada; October 19th, 2013 at 06:15 PM.

Beans

for whatever messed up reason, i fixed my problem by choosing a "different" stereo profile using pulse audio volume controller in the configuration tab. details see here
    http://imagebin.org/274099

Beans

scratch that, only worked once. seriously, how can this be so random?? i see the meters for the hdmi output moving in pulse audio volume controller, but don't hear anything. it worked until i switched that profile the first time. it works on the same hdmi cable and tv connection when i use a bluray player.

what can possibly be wrong here?

Beans

it looks like even though volumes are up high everywhere and the meters are moving i have to turn the tv volume up to max to hear very quiet sound... once or twice a "sudo alsa force-reload" with reboot will fix it. but it will go back to broken short after (like reconnecting the tv). what else governs the hdmi audio output volume?

this is ridiculously frustrating!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12