Thread: vlc in full-screen mode and I don't know how to change this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

vlc in full-screen mode and I don't know how to change this.

Yesterday I was "exploring" the functionality of vlc. Now, when I open vlc, it's in full-screen mode and I can't figure out how to change this. Pressing "f", Ctrl-C, Esc, and all the other things I can think of don't help. I just got the "playlist" screen, in full screen.

A right-click lets me play a video in full-screen mode, but no controls to make it smaller. The "corner" buttons - close, maximise, minimise - are not available. So I can watch a video, in full-screen, and can't leave the vlc process except by using CLI,

Code:
    pkill vlc
    which is a tad inconvenient. I tried removing vlc, ie

Code:
    sudo apt-get remove --purge vlc
    then reinstalling it... to no available. the nigh-impossible fullscreen "playlist" screen pops up, and nothing has changed for the better. I like vlc, but I don't like this inescapable full-screen business. I ran an update earlier with Update Manager a short while ago, but that doesn't make any difference...
    I'm using Ubuntu 12.04, fully updated as of yesterday, if that's of any help. I'm using a Packard Bell EasyNote TS with Intel B815,dual-core, using Ubuntu 12.04, fully updated as of yesterday if that's any help.

Any ideas? Cheers!
    Last edited by t0p; October 8th, 2013 at 01:58 PM. Reason: addition of perhaps relevant info...
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4
    blog photoblog

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Re: vlc in full-screen mode and I don't know how to change this.

Maybe you can blame your theme for this behavior.

Also you know you have two threads going on?

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2179452

Beans

You may try if vlc --ignore-config or deleting $HOME/.config/vlc/ helps at all...?

(I am assuming that VLC was working properly before you "explored" its functions, and therefore ignoring or deleting your settings should help.)
    Last edited by johanzebin; October 8th, 2013 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Clarified what my assumptions underlying my suggestion

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thanks johanzebin. vlc --ignore-config didn't help, but deleting $HOME/.config/vlc/ seems to have done the job. As for the duplicate thread, ibjsb4, I dunno how I did that. But I shall mark both threads [SOLVED].
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4
    blog photoblog