Thread: Virtual Network Drive Using Cisco AnyConnect

Beans

Virtual Network Drive Using Cisco AnyConnect

Hey everyone. I'm very new to Ubuntu (and Linux in general) and a recently decided to go with a dual boot of Windows 7 and Ubuntu. As a programmer I really like the feel of Ubuntu and how I can basically do everything from the terminal. However, my university uses a VPN with Cisco AnyConnect that, on Windows 7, allows me to connect to a network drive. To do my work on Ubuntu I would really need to have access to this drive so that I can work across multiple platforms and computers. So my question, how can I get the network drive on Ubuntu? I know that linux has a different way of doing things (no drives and such) but it seems like there must be a way. Again I am a beginner so any possible tutorials that I have found went over my head pretty much.
    If I posted this in the wrong section or left out information, please let me know and I am sorry.
    I am using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 bit.

Beans

Virtual Network Drive Using Cisco AnyConnect

Hey everyone I posted this over in the networking section but it doesn't seem to be getting any traffic so I thought I'd try asking here. I'm very new to Ubuntu (and Linux in general) and a recently decided to go with a dual boot of Windows 7 and Ubuntu. As a programmer I really like the feel of Ubuntu and how I can basically do everything from the terminal. However, my university uses a VPN with Cisco AnyConnect that, on Windows 7, allows me to connect to a network drive. To do my work on Ubuntu I would really need to have access to this drive so that I can work across multiple platforms and computers. So my question, how can I get the network drive on Ubuntu? I know that linux has a different way of doing things (no drives and such) but it seems like there must be a way. Again I am a beginner so any possible tutorials that I have found went over my head pretty much.
    If I posted this in the wrong section or left out information, please let me know and I am sorry.
    I am using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 bit.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Virtual Network Drive Using Cisco AnyConnect

Please don't create multiple threads on the same subject. I have merged your two threads.