Thread: Inkscape color management.

Beans

Inkscape color management.

Hi guys, hope someone here can help me.

First of all, i really like Linux that's why i'm here, been using the OS for almost 8 years but never could adopt it as a primary system due to games and Adobe CS, now i'm trying to replace Adobe CS for free alternatives, i'm doing really well with Scribus, far more than with inDesign but the problem is Inkscape, can't hit the color rights, guess it's some kinda problem with color management, first of all i hate the tabs in Color with RGB, CMYK, and a couple more, wish they change whether i started the document as RGB or CMYK but no, so can't hit the color that i see in my monitor and the one that is printing.

This also happens me with RGB, i redesign UIs only for fun, and when i wanna send some files to my phone to see the app in screen format the colors are nothing compared to the ones in the monitor and this is screen to screen not like i said earlier with trying to print it well, so hope someone can help me here.

Thanks!
    Last edited by juampi-ursic; October 6th, 2013 at 05:01 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Inkscape color management.

Firstly, welcome to the Ubuntu Forums juampi-ursic. I've only used Inkscape to create a few vector drawings to export into Scribus, so I can't really help with your color issues. Hopefully someone here can. Have you also tried the Inkscape Fourm? If you can't find a workable solution here, perhaps someone there can help.
    "Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Warning: unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.

Beans

Already posted in Inkscape forum and waiting for my thread to be aproved, but meanwhile i wanted to see if someone here knows about something.

I've tried to use color profile, sRGB in Inkscape and then tried CMS color using that profile and it's better for RGB there is not so much difference between colors when i see it in my laptop and then in my phone but the thing is CMYK i can't try printing right now and i saw in some other forums about this kind of questions and everybody is using CMYK profiles but i don't have those profiles in my Inkscape.