Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: I wrote a program and need user feedback if installation went o.K.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oblivion
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

    Re: I wrote a program and need user feedback if installation went o.K.

    Looking better and looks handy.

    I have attached your large screenshot. Please think of those with slow connections and/or accessibility issues. They will miss out on reading your thread altogether.

    Please attach large pics rather than inserting them in the body of your posts.

  2. #12
    ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Beans
    4,996

    Re: I wrote a program and need user feedback if installation went o.K.

    It won't launch, I get this ..

    Code:
    ~$ papersavers
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/opt/extras.ubuntu.com/PaperSavers/papersavers.py", line 74, in <module>
        from gi.repository import Gio #to read dconf (Ambiance or Radiance Icons)
    ImportError: No module named gi.repository

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Beans
    12

    Re: I wrote a program and need user feedback if installation went o.K.

    Quote Originally Posted by ibjsb4 View Post
    It won't launch, I get this ..

    Code:
    ~$ papersavers
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/opt/extras.ubuntu.com/PaperSavers/papersavers.py", line 74, in <module>
        from gi.repository import Gio #to read dconf (Ambiance or Radiance Icons)
    ImportError: No module named gi.repository
    Thank you for the feedback.

    Which version of Ubuntu are you running?

    I installed PaperSavers on a fresh Ubunu 13.04 i386 and it works so i am not sure why the error occurs.
    I thought python3-gi was not installed, but I checked in synaptic and on my machine is has been installed.
    Perhaps you used 12.04 and it is different there, if you tell me your system version i can test it in a VM.
    Last edited by rusche; October 6th, 2013 at 01:02 PM.

  4. #14
    ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Beans
    4,996

    Re: I wrote a program and need user feedback if installation went o.K.

    Thanks

    Gnome-classic-desktop 12.04 i386

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Beans
    12

    Re: I wrote a program and need user feedback if installation went o.K.

    Quote Originally Posted by ibjsb4 View Post
    Thanks

    Gnome-classic-desktop 12.04 i386
    Now I've checked it on 12.04.
    Installed the same package as in 13.04 and it did not work. Figured out that python3-gi is installed by default in 13.04, but not in 12.04.
    Adding that as a dependency and uploading in the next hours...

    Could you please check it again this week, if it works? I think it should now.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Beans
    12

    Re: I wrote a program and need user feedback if installation went o.K.

    Could someone please install the program and give me more feedback? It is only 3 minutes of help and in the end you have a nice application (which you can also remove if you wish).

    Thank you.

  7. #17
    ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Beans
    4,996

    Re: I wrote a program and need user feedback if installation went o.K.

    Quote Originally Posted by rusche View Post
    Now I've checked it on 12.04.
    Installed the same package as in 13.04 and it did not work. Figured out that python3-gi is installed by default in 13.04, but not in 12.04.
    Adding that as a dependency and uploading in the next hours...

    Could you please check it again this week, if it works? I think it should now.
    Reinstalled and ..

    ~$ papersavers
    in setPath()
    /home/host0/.papersavers
    in loadNotes(self)
    in setPath()
    File is ok; Loading
    No systemtrayicon available
    And it just hangs up at that point.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1
    Beans
    4,700
    Distro
    Xubuntu

    Re: I wrote a program and need user feedback if installation went o.K.

    using 13.10 xubuntu 64bit
    looks to work
    does not respect system context menu theme
    close dialog lacks window decorations (the do you want to save one)
    like the sound effects
    dark icons in context menu don't show up will on my albatross theme
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Beans
    12

    Re: I wrote a program and need user feedback if installation went o.K.

    Quote Originally Posted by ibjsb4 View Post
    Reinstalled and ..



    And it just hangs up at that point.
    Ok I am going to check this. Did a quick test on 13.04 switching to Gnome-Fallback, where it is running. Perhaps the Qt binding is not capable of creating an indicator on 12.04... using the QSystemTrayIcon lib for that.
    Thank you so far I will work on that.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Beans
    12

    Re: I wrote a program and need user feedback if installation went o.K.

    Quote Originally Posted by pqwoerituytrueiwoq View Post
    using 13.10 xubuntu 64bit
    looks to work
    does not respect system context menu theme
    close dialog lacks window decorations (the do you want to save one)
    like the sound effects
    dark icons in context menu don't show up will on my albatross theme
    Glad to hear, thanks for the effort!
    Nice that you like the sound theme. But if you want, you can also deactivate it.

    The theme... currently, the program checks for Radiance or Ambiance, if none of those activated, it uses the Ambiance icon.
    To make each theme fit, I will have to create a discrete icon for each theme.

    What do you mean by close dialog? The delete confirm of a note? That was intended, but I am not confident with its looks, though.

    Thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •