Thread: USB Bluetooth adapter that works out of the box

Beans

USB Bluetooth adapter that works out of the box

I'm looking for a USB Bluetooth adapter that works out of the box on my Netbook that runs LinuxMint Release 13 (maya) happily with no tweaks needed for sound, wireless and control of screen brightness
    The Netbook used to run Ubuntu 10.04 with some tweaks suggested some years ago on this Ubuntu forum to make sound, wireless and control of screen brightness work.
    I had tried Ubuntu 12.04 Unity on the Netbook but I was not completely happy with it despite being completely happy with that distro running on my Laptop.

I have seen a USB Bluetooth adapter here https://www.thinkpenguin.com/gnu-lin...pter-gnu-linux but is costs
    $34 plus $13.95 shipping to me in the UK. OUCH!!!

So does anyone know a less expensive source here in the UK of a compatible adapter please?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: USB Bluetooth adapter that works out of the box

I've bought a few BT adapters on ebay (for about £3 delivered!), and they just worked. I've never actually tried one that didn't - come to think of it!

Beans

Re: USB Bluetooth adapter that works out of the box

Thanks for your reply. I'm thinking of buying a Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth speaker and the adapter would be needed to send music to that box.
    However that speaker also has an auxiliary port. So I can use one of these one of these as an alternative.