Thread: Please fix my account

Beans

Please fix my account

My old account is http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=925097

I was sure I used the same email account, but a pratterfak2 account was made. I even tried a couple other of my emails to no avail. I see in this new account that the second email I tried is in there. However, I can't update that either, it just tells me that my current password is invalid. When I click on the forgot password there, it does nothing.

Please help-

Thanks,
    PratterFak

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Please fix my account

From the SSO login sticky:

If you have a previous forum account but inadvertently created a new account because the email in your Ubuntu One account didn't match the old forum account, changing the email in Ubuntu One will not enable you to log into your old account until a forum admin has adjusted certain configurations.
    I've disassociated the pratterfak2 account from Ubuntu One. Make sure the preferred email in your Ubuntu One account is the one containing columbus in the domain, log out of the forum and in again and you will be logged into the PratterFak account.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

I just logged back in using my columbus email and it still came up with this pratterfak2 account.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Are you sure you made the columbus email preferred in Ubuntu One? It won't work if it is simply one of two or more email addresses set in Ubuntu One. Go to Manage Email Addresses in your Ubuntu One account and make sure the columbus email is set as preferred. I've disassociated the pratterfak2 account from Ubuntu One again for you.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.