Thread: Epson Artisan 837 will not print from photo tray

Beans

Epson Artisan 837 will not print from photo tray

I have an Epson artisan 837 printer that I'm using w/ 14.04lts. I've tried the driver that comes from epson (installed from epson-inkjet-printer-201112w_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb), and that appears to be recommended at openprinting.org, and another one that seems to be included by default in the ubuntu printing system. That one is nominally for an 835, but works in general for the 837. It is identified as "Epson Artisan 835 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.10-pre2" in the printer properties.

My problem is that neither driver will print from the photo tray. The driver from epson doesn't even seem to have an option for the photo tray, whereas the Gutenprint one allows me to select the photo tray as the source, but it still prints from the main tray.

I would appreciate suggestions as to whether there is a way to get photo printing to work.

Edit:
    The driver from epson prints from the photo tray. There is no separate option to select the photo tray as the source, but in the paper size list, there are entries that read e.g. "4x6 (Photo Tray)".
    Last edited by zeke2135; June 3rd, 2014 at 08:21 PM. Reason: solved problem