Thread: Gma3600

Beans

Gma3600

Hello to all,

So I just installed the 13.10 beta on my Asus X101CH netbook, my Asus X101CH netbook with Gma3600 graphics,
    In short, a nightmare ! At Current As far as I am aware, gma500_gfx is in use by default.

I am able to get into gnome Shell, or unity using llvmpipe, however this is incredibly slow,

I just wondered, is there any better choice of driver combination to use, any better setup / way to improve performance ?

Glxgears reports 60fps so i assume it is accelerated, though i'm not sure ? :s

Can post up any info required, Any help is much appreciated.

-jman6495

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Beans

Re: Gma3600

Beans

I'm just keen to know if there is not a better X driver than llvmpipe, even if i can't use gnome-shell or unity, because at the moment it is totally unusable.

I tried creating an xorg.conf and asking it to use fbdev or modesetting, it changes nothing.

On a slightly happier note :
    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTQ0MTc

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jman64952 View Post
    I'm just keen to know if there is not a better X driver than llvmpipe
    If you read the bug report, it explains that the cedarview drm driver can only be used with Ubuntu 12.04.1 because it needs kernel 3.2...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Temüjin View Post
    If you read the bug report, it explains that the cedarview drm driver can only be used with Ubuntu 12.04.1 because it needs kernel 3.2...
    but isn't cedarview-drm the kernel driver ? i'm talking about the Xorg driver (if i have understood correctly), cedarview-drm has been superseeded by GMA500_gtx, i would prefer to disable llvmpipe and use modsetting or fbdev (not even sure if that is possible :s )

also llvmpipe is almost ok if one installs 13.10 with the proposed updates

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Temüjin View Post
    I'm running kubuntu 13.04 on a atom 2600 cpu/3600 gpu acer netbook. It runs far better than 12.04 ever did. No tweaking involved except for the grub file. The cedarview drivers were moved upstream in 12.04.

What I did in 12.04 on the same machine was install, keep running update until I was sure I had everything, and then install the cedarview drivers from additional sources.

However, I'd actually recommend 13.04 for a cedarview computer.