Thread: Best tablet'r to install ubuntu on.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Best tablet'r to install ubuntu on.

Hi everyone am after buying a new tablet in a medium price range about £200. I also want to install ubuntu on it do any of you have any recommendations as to which sort would be good to install ubuntu on. And do any of you's have any experience in installing on a tablet and if so any problem's you may have come across if any.

Any advice would be helpful.

And thank you in advance

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Best tablet'r to install ubuntu on.

Best to tread carefully here. I have not tried it myself, but understand that the best success has been with Nexus 7. Ubuntu has demoed their tablet version on this tablet. Other than that, my knowledge is limited. Would love to convert my Galaxy Tab over to Ubuntu as well but have not tried until it's ready for prime time.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I'm out of luck for now with my Galaxy Tab. However, if you are just starting your search for compatible HW, then here is the site for the developer download along with a list of compatible devices. These seem to be limited to the Nexus devices at this time. Note that this is a development release, although I have no doubt that once the final version is released, it will also work with Nexus.
    Last edited by DuckHook; September 27th, 2013 at 10:53 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

this is new and looks good, can boot android and any linux
    http://www.pengpod.com/products/pengpod1040

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

moved to mobile technology discussions
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

The original Nexus 7 (not the new one yet as far as I know) and the Nexus 10 are the only officially-supported tablets for Ubuntu. You might be able to find both of them on clearance actually as they're superceded / about to be superceded.

Pretty sure the new Nexus devices will be supported soon.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Well i think am going to get a nexus off e-bay and experiment once i get it will post to let you k ow how thing's are going.

More than likely i will need more advice. But where better to get advice than here everyone's very helpful