Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Ubuntu GNOME Edition have 3.10 or 3.8?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Will Ubuntu GNOME Edition have 3.10 or 3.8?

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    I am sorry but I just have to chuckle.

Ubuntu Gnome does not, at present, have all the pieces of Gnome 3.8. To get some more bits of Gnome 3.8 we have to install a PPA. To get some (stable) bits of Gnome 3.10 we have to install a second PPA. To get some more but experimental bits of Gnome 3.10 we have to install a third PPA.

http://ubuntugnome.org/announcement-...ome3-next-ppa/

This is life at the edge. I recently installed Ubuntu Gnome 13:10 and it installed very well and it is very stable. It looks good. A good job of work is being done here. But I have not added any of the PPAs.

Regards.
    I never add ppa's. Some folks want to be on the bleeding edge, I suppose. Also totally agree regarding Ubuntu Gnome. I was presently surprised.

Beans

There i also a chance that 14.04 will basically be 3.8 also, if so that will certainly impact U-G & probably the gnome3 ppa's to some extend.
    Obviously way too early to tell but it feels like the Ubuntu preference would be to stick with 3.8

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    There i also a chance that 14.04 will basically be 3.8 also, if so that will certainly impact U-G & probably the gnome3 ppa's to some extend.
    Obviously way too early to tell but it feels like the Ubuntu preference would be to stick with 3.8
    Yes it's too early to tell but I hope at least 3.10 will be the default.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12