Thread: When I try to open trash from sidebar icon I get "Failed to open "trash:"

Beans

When I try to open trash from sidebar icon I get "Failed to open "trash:"

About couple of days ago I started getting error Failed to open "trash:" when I tried to open trash from sidebar. If I open Nautilus/Thunar and
    choose Trash folder, it behave normally and show the files from trash. I also use Cairo Dock and when I click on Trash icon there is no problem and I'm not getting any error. I tried to search for the name of the error but didn't find anything. I use 13.04 with unity but I guess you already found out that

Screenshot of first errror: http://screencloud.net/v/jRN4
    After I click on "close" button from first error I am getting a second error: http://screencloud.net/v/qSxr

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: When I try to open trash from sidebar icon I get "Failed to open "trash:"

catalynn-nr1, be very welcome to the forums.

It seems as though you run yourself into a already reported bug: Bug #1217647

If you're also running Ubuntu 13.04, you can log into it and click the “this affects me too” button.

Beans

It seems that I didn't search hard enough. Thank you very much for the help and as you asked, I logged in and checked the option "this affects me too". It's not a critical bug, so there's no hurry for developers. Should I mark this thread as "solved" or wait until a fix is released?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Even though you didn't get a solution, IMO you should marked the thread as solved. so other people dealing with the same situation can at least be aware of the existence of the bug and thus checking the "this affects me too" option in the bug report.

Beans

Are you using an encrypted home partition? (or Ecryptfs in some manner

Beans

yes, I use an encrypted home partition