Thread: Rdiff-backup ListError $RECYCLE.BIN/…[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/media/windows/$R

Beans

Question Rdiff-backup ListError $RECYCLE.BIN/…[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/media/windows/$R

Hey! I facing this error :
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...nied-media-win
    And i cant find solusion. Tryed different ways mounting drive to ubuntu and different rdiff backup commands, and still nothing.
    Maybe someone can help me out

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Rdiff-backup ListError $RECYCLE.BIN/…[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/media/window

Add that pattern to your exclude list. It isn't like you want to backup the recycle bin.
    \$RECYCLE.BIN - escaping it will be necessary.

Error 13 is permission denied - usually corrected by adding a group to the userid running the program, but i doubt that will work for this special location.

I've had issues with rdiff-backup on Windows - found it unreliable. Much easier to just keep all data on Linux file systems and allow Windows to see the data over samba, at least that works here. Your situation might not allow it.
    Last edited by TheFu; August 21st, 2014 at 12:14 AM.

Beans

Re: Rdiff-backup ListError $RECYCLE.BIN/…[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/media/window

Ty for your answer, that didnt work.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by tundmatu12345 View Post
    Ty for your answer, that didnt work.
    Much easier to just keep all data on Linux file systems and allow Windows to see the data over samba, at least that works here. Your situation might not allow it.

BTW - what didn't work? Hard to help without new data.