Thread: Connecting to AFP share

Beans

Connecting to AFP share

I'm looking to connect to a mac via AFP for work, which also means I can't change any settings on the mac end.

I've been able to connect occasionally in files but often it just ends up freezing, so I'm looking for a client for this.

I installed netatalk only to find out that it's for creating servers rather than a client, but I found afpfs-ng and I think it's what I'm looking for here.

I've installed all the packages it asks for, libfuse-dev, libgcrypt-dev, libgmp3-dev etc.

But when trying to compile it's now returning an error - I'm really not great here, as in I avoid compiling from source as I always forget how.

This is the error given after make

Code:
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ar/Downloads/afpfs-ng-0.8.1/cmdline'gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..    -I../include -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -g -O2  -g -O2 -MT afpcmd-cmdline_main.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/afpcmd-cmdline_main.Tpo -c -o afpcmd-cmdline_main.o `test -f 'cmdline_main.c' || echo './'`cmdline_main.c
    cmdline_main.c:15:31: fatal error: readline/readline.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    make[2]: *** [afpcmd-cmdline_main.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ar/Downloads/afpfs-ng-0.8.1/cmdline'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ar/Downloads/afpfs-ng-0.8.1'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    I'm wondering if there's a simpler way to connect AFP that I'm missing, none of this is well documented and a good deal of threads on it are broken - surely more people have had to connect to shared macs from linux?
    If not, how can I get afpfs-ng to work?

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Connecting to AFP share

Have you tried adding afpfs-ng from the repository yet? I see it listed there.