Thread: Yet Another Account Foul Up

Beans

Yet Another Account Foul Up

I guess I used the wrong email when signing up for SSO.
    And I can't honestly remember which one email I used for my UF account.

My old account handle was baggins, and my profile page is at:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=108012

As for identity verification. I still have access to all but one of my old mail accounts (ends in sdu.dk). Just can't remember which one I used.

I take it that when I get my old account back I also get the baggins handle back.
    If not is there anyway to fix the current name so my name is spelled correct?
    There was an special danish character "æ" in there between Kj and rsgaard. It's an UTF character, but can be replaced by "ae".
    The way it's spelled now is just silly

Hope you can help.

Regards.
    -- Jon

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Yet Another Account Foul Up

PM me with your best guess at e-mail which has bilbo and kollegienet in it.

You can also PM me your birthday, which is filled in but hidden, so that would serve to verify the account.

As far as the name for this account, once we've got you into the correct one - this one will be disabled - I can change the username at that point to some random one and the æ will be a moot point.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I've tried sending an email to the address registered to the old account, but got a mail delivery failure notice, so I assume that account is no longer active.

We can restore you to the old account easily enough, if you can give us some hidden information which is not publicly visible - as a security measure. PM me with the email address if you can remember it (hint - "kollegienet" is part of it - or the date of birth in the baggins account, which is hidden from public view. Once I've received your email, I'll arrange something suitable. There won't be a need to substitute characters in this account once you have the old account back.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Ninja'd by Elfy! As Elfy was first to reply you'd best pm Elfy.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Swapped e-mails, changed username.

You should be able to login as baggins - you'll not be able to post in this thread however.