Thread: [Appeal] Please, try to understand :)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Unhappy [Appeal] Please, try to understand :)

Hi,

Yet again, it appears that I must read a Private Message for each and every single post I make on this Forum. I used to enjoy being here, I am not any more and I am 'this' close to ask to shut down my account and live in peace as I can NOT take this stress any longer. The one and only reason that is really preventing me to ask for closing my account is 'Helping Others' that I do like more than anything else and I have to do this 'here' on this forums for two reasons:

1- This is the first place that I have learned about Linux and met new good friends and it 'has' a huge place in my heart but ...
    2- And I can help as much as I can because this place has so many users so I can help so many at the same time

Now, while I understand very well this place has some rules like: http://ubuntuforums.org/misc.php?do=showrules

I fail to understand the behaviour, action, attitude or whatever that might be called. I may consider that as a harassment and a continuous attempt to push everyone (not only me) from helping over here.

Now, what is going on and what is this all about?

First of all, would you please be so kind and explain why repeating an advice is a bad thing? http://ubuntuforums.org/misc.php?do=showrules << I couldn't find something like "do not repeat an advice to a new user" on the rules!

I will explain further
    It is true I had to repeat myself more than once on 'different threads' BUT that has been done ONLY because I was helping 'different' users NOT THE SAME ONE and it happened that those users are new and need some extra help. I am one of those who didn't forget that I once was like them (totally lost) and need some extra help which only few managed to gave me at that time and now, it appears to me that this spirit has vanished.

Second of all, why and how is that someone is over here for longer time than I am that he/she knows much better than me in how to help others? while I do understand he/she is indeed aware of so much stuff but he/she might NOT be better than me in helping or to put that right, each and everyone has his/her own style and way to help others. Yet again, UF Staff are simply failing to understand this simple and basic fact. While I do appreciate and thank them for what they are doing to keep this place alive (I've been there, I know how hard and stressful it is), it seems we agreed to disagree and it seems if someone disagree with my way of helping then that makes him/her better than me in something! this is totally unacceptable disagree but do not disrespect. You 'must' respect what I am doing over here. I do have a live. I can simply not even bother to post over here. I am writing and posting here simply because 'I CARE' so please, do NOT kill this spirit. You might lose someone like me not only on UF but on each and every Ubuntu Community I am killing myself daily to help and support!

Third of all, instead of "Thank you, we do appreciate what you do", ALL what I get is "DO NOT do this and DO NOT do that". Is this the Linux Spirit?
    While you are here willingly and do what you do on volunteer basis, I am here doing the exact same thing. Being a Staff does not really mean you are better than me as a human or know much more than I do! you are a UF Staff to give EXTRA HELP to people like me or others, NOT to disagree with each and every post they make and keep sending Private Messages to them and KILL the desire of helping people and demotivate them
    We are equal as a human and we are equal as Linux Users and if you know better than me in 'something' specific, I too might know something else you don't know about and I could be better than you? but this theory is 'bad' and 'silly' because we complete each other. Have you heard about: "All of us are smarter than any one of us"? what happened to: "Iam what I am because of who we all are" ? I am sorry, I no longer can see nor feel this spirit over here

Forth of all, I'd really like to SOLVE this once and for all. I am getting literally sick and tired and living in so much stress and this is certainly not what I want. If I don't really care, trust me, I would never waste a second and post here. So, if you can not solve this, someone maybe with higher authority can? I don't know, you tell me?

Again, to put that all in one sentence:
    PLEASE, do NOT kill the spirit of helping and supporting others that I have and so much passionate about. If you think you are better than me, that is good for yourself but you are not doing any good neither to me nor to the whole community. I too can show off with my achievement and I could say that hey, none of you managed to do what I have done but that is NOT right. Why it is not right? because ALL of us are smarter than anyone of us and that is why, this is, once upon a time, was called a Community which consists of so many users all over the world. IMHO, if this will be the attitude of UF, then soon, you will be alone moderating nothing because no one will remain to support and help. Is this what you want? this is my humble and simple opinion. Disagree with it but do not disrespect me

Please, stop sending me Private Messages. I am fully aware of the rules over here. You are not better than me nor I am better than you. WE ARE ALL here to do one simple thing, that is dedicating our time to help others. Help me to help you!

Thank you so much for reading, much appreciated.

My appeal and request is to SOLVE this once and for all.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: [Appeal] Please, try to understand :)

You were asked to stop telling people posting in Ubuntu +1 that they were using a development version.

Please, stop sending me Private Messages.
    This is only going to happen when we have no reason to do so.

Then please stop repeating the same thing again where it isn't needed.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: [Appeal] Please, try to understand :)

You were asked to stop telling people posting in Ubuntu +1 that they were using a development version.

Please, stop sending me Private Messages.
    This is only going to happen when we have no reason to do so.

Then please stop repeating the same thing again where it isn't needed.