Thread: Bluetooth Problems

Beans

Bluetooth Problems

So I have installed the latest build of Ubuntu Touch (13.10) onto my Nexus 4. Works fine, except where it doesn't.

I can't get any Bluetooth settings. This settings section has a Bluetooth icon, but it doesn't do anything at all. When I use the pull-down menu to go to bluetooth, it shows that it is turned on, but there are no settings so that I can hook up bluetooth devices.

Can anyone help me? Bluetooth is critical path for any phone - I can't believe it's not working properly. I purchased this phone specifically to use Ubuntu desktop on the phone with an MHL connector to a monitor and a bluetooth mouse and keyboard, which I can't do if I can't get bluetooth devices connected to the phone. Can't even use my bluetooth headset to make calls or listen to music.

Please help or direct me to a support forum.

Thank you.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Bluetooth Problems

Thread moved to Ubuntu +1.

Welcome. All 13.10 support threads go here until release. Thanks.

PS: Not sure where you got that 13.10 is 'Ubuntu Touch'. That refers to the proposed Ubuntu phone. Saucy Salamander = Ubuntu 13.10.

Beans

I didn't. I have Ubuntu touch, and the build says right on the phone 13.10. Please move the thread back to Mobile, thank you.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Moved back at user's request.

Your choice. As I mention in my PM, 13.10 is not released yet and your quest is made harder by the fact that Ubuntu Touch 13.10 is the first ever release of UT. They'll be bugs most users here will have no idea about.

Good luck.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thanks for the link in the PM. You may be interested in this:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Testin...ratory_testing

... and this:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/TouchTesting

The devs would appreciate any input they can get and you will probably get to the bottom of any issues you have with Ubuntu Touch (and possibly speed up the process of getting there for the community with your input). Good luck with it. You're one of the pioneers diving in at the beginning of Ubuntu's next phase; getting a viable and stable touch OS up for mobile devices, so good for you for taking the plunge.