Thread: Restarting problem

Hybrid View

Beans

Restarting problem

I have noticed that whenever I do a restart/reboot that I get a little box asking me to sign in and, on the bottom of the box there is a guest announcement. I am not sure why I am getting this or what it means but, I suspect, its not a good thing. Nobody uses this machine but me. There are no guests (do not know how to disable guests in Ubuntu).

Anyway, does anybody know how to put this machine back on the straight and narrow? (simply reboot without the little box)

Thank you.........

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Restarting problem

Hello, no need to panic. Guest user is a feature that Ubuntu has, and it is very easy to disable. You can use your favorite search engeen to search for a how to you like, but here's one that should work just as well.
    http://www.ubuntugeek.com/ubuntu-tip...04precise.html
    PS: Is there anything wrong with restarting? Does it hang or something?
    Last edited by mikewhatever; September 19th, 2013 at 11:37 PM.

Beans

Re: Restarting problem

Thanks for the reply. My problem has become pretty simple since I posted this. My system will no longer boot but simply gives me a blank screen (after a lot of whizzing and whirring). I suspect I have truly screwed it up and the best way to go is to simply re-install and try not to screw it all up this time <G>