Thread: Full load and freeze after login Gnome Shell

Beans

Full load and freeze after login Gnome Shell

Hello all, i am experiencing an issue for a long now and i could not find any solutions, so i am asking for your help. I am using Ubuntu 12.04 with Gnome Shell. After i login into my session and after the top bar appears (which means after gnome shell is loaded) the system directly freezes for ~6-7 seconds. While on that, the led of the hard disc is always on green without any blinks. Meanwhile i can move the cursor but without any results on clicking anything. After those seconds i can use the system as normal. Something is occupying the whole system after login but i do not know what. Also i do not know where to look for that. By the way, if i create a new user, the above issue does not appear. Any ideas or informations? Thanks
    Last edited by mandu2; September 20th, 2013 at 12:21 AM.

Beans

Re: Full load and freeze after login Gnome Shell

Use "top" command to find processes. Either SSH to your box before logging into Gnome, or Ctl+Alt+F1, and once you login just monitor output of top. Probably some user specific initialization is taking too long to initialize.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Full load and freeze after login Gnome Shell

Please specify your computer, brand name and model, cpu, ram (size) and graphics card Then it will be easier to give good advice.