Thread: Finally had it with sound juicer

Beans

Finally had it with sound juicer

Not working for the gazillionth time, completely different symptom, possibly related to Musicbrainz (again)--In this case, continually repeating attempts to look up cd info interfering with the rip. Looking around for something functionally similar, running 10.04 Lucid 64-bit. Any thoughts you have to share would be appreciated, thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Finally had it with sound juicer

Try asunder; it's in the 12.04 repos, but I'm not sure how you'll get it for 10.04, which has now lost support, without the palaver of changing your sources list to point to the EOL repos address.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 14.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans

Muscibrainz changes its API every now and again, so it's not a good option if you're running an ancient OS (like 10.04).

I personally like Audex (but it requires kde packages). Ripperx or asunder are good alternatives to try out, but I have no idea what their status is in 10.04. Get a current Ubuntu version...

Beans

Welp, tried it again this morning before proceeding with plans B through Z and now working just fine.. Why? D***ed if I know. I'd mark this as solved if I knew what the problem was that got solved. And maybe I'm just done with physical media now. I recall a recent conversation during a road trip with my 20-yr-old son during which he declared, "CDs are so...OLD." And thanks for the helpful replies.