Thread: Help my pc cant connect with Android 4.1 phone

Beans

Help my pc cant connect with Android 4.1 phone

Hi all
    I just bought an LG L£ II running Android 4.1 and have tried everything and the phone just wont get connected or even read by the pc. I am running Linux 13 Maya 32 bit

Its really getting me deperessed as i cant even use the phone till i get my files on it

Desperate

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Help my pc cant connect with Android 4.1 phone

Linux Mint question.

Thread moved to Other OS/Distro Support.

@africanlion, The version of Mint that you are using is based on Ubuntu 12.04. Support for mounting Android devices was not ideal in 12.04, but I have no problem with Ubuntu 13.04 and my Android tablet. I suggest you try a live CD of either Ubuntu 13.04 or Mint 15 Olivia and see if your phone is recognised in the live session. If it is, you might consider upgrading to (or re-installing with) one of those later operating systems. However, they are not long-support releases, which Ubuntu 12.04 and Mint 13 are, and this might be a consideration for you.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    Linux Mint question.

Thread moved to Other OS/Distro Support.

@africanlion, The version of Mint that you are using is based on Ubuntu 12.04. Support for mounting Android devices was not ideal in 12.04, but I have no problem with Ubuntu 13.04 and my Android tablet. I suggest you try a live CD of either Ubuntu 13.04 or Mint 15 Olivia and see if your phone is recognised in the live session. If it is, you might consider upgrading to (or re-installing with) one of those later operating systems. However, they are not long-support releases, which Ubuntu 12.04 and Mint 13 are, and this might be a consideration for you.

Thank you very much for your reply. I was at my wits end with this problem. So basically download ubuntu 13.04 and use the cd fod a live session and it should work yeah. Will try that

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    Support for mounting Android devices was not ideal in 12.04, but I have no problem with Ubuntu 13.04 and my Android tablet.
    That's a delima, Extremely happy with Ubuntu Unity 12.04LTS - but as you say, limited support for my Android Jelly Bean.

Africanlion, I am able to place files on my Android phone, I just can not see them from my Ubuntu machine - when I remount my Android phone. So if you like Ubuntu Unity 12.04LTS, you can move files using Nautilus, onto Android Jelly Bean. I copied over music files and folders to Android Jelly Bean with out any problem It's a bit tedious, but I then used Android to sort and set playlists.