Thread: AMD watermark removal

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

AMD watermark removal

This issue has probably come up a bunch of times.. After installing the AMD proprietary drivers, I now have an AMD watermark in the bottom right part of my screen that. won't. bugger. off.

I just reformatted and reinstalled Ubuntu because fixing this problem before rendered my system unusable with no other recourse.

I need to remove this thing (can't use the open source drivers) since this is my HTPC and I use it for XBMC and games, but I am incredibly aprehensive since I'm not looking forward to going through all the hassle again.. >_<

Beans

Re: AMD watermark removal

check this out. I just had this issue a few minutes ago.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1904997
    PC Specs: Asus P6X58D Premium - Intel Core i7 930 - XFX Radeon 5750 HD Video Card - 12gb DDR3 Corsair XMS3 - (internal)750gb WD 6.0gbps - 1tb WD Green Caviar - NZXT Tempest Case - Dell 24" 1080p HD Monitor - Dell Stereo Soundbar.

Beans

What version of Ubuntu did you install? In my experience, the best way to combat it is to install the latest driver (13-8 Beta 2). Link for 13.04/Raring: http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...2FEXPERIMENTAL

If the watermark is still there using the latest beta driver, then you have a really new card, and you're just going to have to live with it until AMD puts out a newer driver (or use the open-source driver).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

That did it, nice and easy; thanks! Wish I had known about this months ago; it would have saved me a ton of frustration >_<