Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Empty' desktop after i installed nvidia drivers, no window borders and such

Beans

Re: 'Empty' desktop after i installed nvidia drivers, no window borders and such

Quote Originally Posted by buzzingrobot View Post
    If your machine has two video cards, as do many laptops, the "discrete" Nvidia card will be invisible until it is enabled in the BIOS. If you are using such a machine, make sure the Nvidia is enabled, then see what "Additional Drivers" says.
    Hmm, nope, I don't believe i have two video cards!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: 'Empty' desktop after i installed nvidia drivers, no window borders and such

Quote Originally Posted by gremious View Post
    Hmm, nope, I don't believe i have two video cards!
    Is it a laptop? If not, what is the motherboard?

Reinstalling is often the quickest route to ixing these issues. It's difficult to completely remove the detritus of a broken driver install before you move on to try something else.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by buzzingrobot View Post
    Is it a laptop? If not, what is the motherboard?

Reinstalling is often the quickest route to ixing these issues. It's difficult to completely remove the detritus of a broken driver install before you move on to try something else.
    Yeah, and that's what i just did. Apparently my computer hates Nvidia drivers with linux then >~>
    Guess i'll start anew.
    Really do wish i could use a new nvidia driver, i do like gaming so it's sorta a must, but i guess i'll have to figure out a way arround it. Probably install windows for a dual boot, just for gaming purpous.
    ---
    Anyways, to both of ya, thank you!
    *Hugs*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12