Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite computer/video game?

Beans

Re: What is your favorite computer game?

urbandead.com

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Probably Skyrim. I've sunk more time into it than any other non-MMO video game. Others? The first Half-Life, Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout New Vegas...I have a soft spot for old school CRPGs like the Ultima Underworlds, System Shock 1, Ultima 7, Realms of the Haunting, etc. And Linux + DOSBox + old school games = hellafun.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Minecraft! On all platforms!

Beans

Oh man, guys, I feel so old-school admitting it. My favourite computer game is probably Ultima Online. I've been part of the custom-free-shard community for over 10 years now, from playing, to designing maps, writing lore, doing illustration and website art and building those communities. It's a great MORPG platform.

Beans

Is it an infraction of the rules to place at the top of the list of mine that a technicality such as "technically a Computer game, because it can be played on a computer, but I played it on Playstation as it should be played" and yet save the(and thread" post with my favorite "Computer VG made for Computer.)?

Technically made for Playstation, the videogame series "Resident Evil" is my favorite video game series. I can't say I have a top favorite because I can't decide whether Jill or Claire is the better heroine. I like the weapons getup, a knife can be called a useful weapon in the game and the handgun has a cool sound and had a belies the efficacy of that beast. Switching paths and characters during the game is a good feature, and another is the myriad baddies; I haven't played in years, but back when I played with Tony as a partner, I liked sharing gamepads and playing all night each of us trying to outdo the other.

Computer games are my release, so my favorite counts for an extra point for me. The "Bioshock" series I can play far into the night and is played in a past somehow forgotten and buried, stirring memories of the Tonsillitis I had when I was 11.(a fever which causes hallucinations my mind somehow has caused to bury the memory of the moments I was suffering under it's influence. Not a lot of choice.) I tune in to it, more than I play it. The bad guys are people who have become victim to the designs of a plastic surgeon who's work has gone awry, making monsters, warping their minds and their environment. It is my second favorite all time escape.

Game I am playing most at this time is Urban Terror an online shooter. Why I play it has to do with eccentricities of login &cetera and mod making, learning using them and the individual characteristics of weapons and trajectories. The package excites me beyond the sum of its parts.

Nuff Said,
    DL
    Last edited by acodea; October 27th, 2013 at 11:29 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: What is your favorite computer/video game?

I'm just going to pull rank and change the title slightly.

I'm hooked on Borderlands 2 atm.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans

World War 2 Silent Service// I use dosbox to run it.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

For time consumed: Kerbal Space Program. My Lubuntu box is probably unable to run it so I've not tried yet.

Tie Fighter has provided many fond memories as has Half Life 2, Guild Wars (still undecided on Guild Wars 2 currently) and Kingdom of Loathing.

I am currently also enjoying Dust: An Elysian Tale and The Stanley Parable.

Beans

Forbidden Kingdom

I used to play Pacman on an old computer during my childhood days. Then there comes a Family Computer where I get to play Super Mario Brothers, Contra, and Top Gun.
    I missed these old games.

Beans

I like The Elder Scrolls Skyrim.
    Skyrim is perfect RPG game!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast