Thread: Low battery alert sound on the Lemur Ultra

Beans

Low battery alert sound on the Lemur Ultra

My issue is that whenever my battery starts to run down to below 10% then I hear a really loud system bell beep. It beeps very few seconds til I plug in the power again. There is already a thread for this kind of problem in the forum but I got no help from there for my Lemur Ultra. Can I turn this sound off?

I run Ubuntu 12.10 btw.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Low battery alert sound on the Lemur Ultra

I'm pretty sure in the BIOS is a setting to change that (I remember seeing it when I was looking at the BIOS of my Bonobo Extreme, not sure if it's the same for the Lemur Ultra but I assume it is).
    Zukaro Travon
    Robotic Fox

Beans

This issue is not solved. However, while searching for answers I found someone who had a way to get around the problem. The system sound beep is disabled when your soundsettings is set to mute. So if you have muted the sound, the beep will not go off when battery is critically low. It is a temporary solution but better than none. I've been in contact with System76 but they don't know what is wrong. I think I will email them again.

Don't forget to post here if you find a better solution to this.

Beans

Is there a setting in your BIOS for this, but it's just not working?

Beans

That is exactelly the case. There is a setting in BIOS but it is not working even if it says that 'system alarm beep' is off.

One more thing. This solution I just posted is only working if you have your sound setting to 'play sound through' Speakers. I just had my laptop plugged into the TV with HDMI with the sound going through the HDMI. When I unplugged it I muted the volum in the upper right corner of Ubuntu. This however did not mute the system alarm beep when the battery went low because the system still thought I was connected via HDMI. I needed to click the "play sound through Speakers" once again and then mute it.

Beans

I am having the same problem on my Lemur Ultra. The Low Battery Alarm Sound is disabled in BIOS but still goes off. (A few days ago the alarm sound even went off even though the lid of the computer was closed. That really surprised me. I thought that when the lid is closed the computer is suspended.)

Wolfhart